4 commonly asked questions about truck sales
Similar to SUVs, trucks are one of the most versatile vehicles in the market. These vehicles types are quite sturdy and rugged for towing as well as comfortable enough for everyday commuting. Whether you want to take the kids to school or transport plumbing materials to fix up the water system of your house, there is a type of truck available that can handle the task with equal ease and dexterity. Apart from versatility, trucks also have some of the best safety features incorporated in them. For those looking for comfort as well as practicality, buying a truck is a good option when owning a vehicle.
If you are planning to buy a truck for work use or for personal purpose, you will find a lot of options in a truck sale. Read on to know more about finding the right type of truck through truck sales.
What are the different types of pickup trucks available for sale?
- Compact pickup trucks– Also called mid-sized trucks, compact pickup trucks are mostly used for daily commuting or for towing small to medium payloads. These have engines ranging from four-cylinder ones to V6 ones. Examples include Chevrolet Colorado, Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, and so on.
- Full-sized pickup trucks– Most full-sized pickup trucks have V8 engines. These are more rugged and tougher than compact pickup trucks. Compared to compact pickup trucks, full-sized ones have more variety in terms of drivetrain, cab type, and bed size.
How to find truck sales?
- Online– There are a number of resources available online that can be used to find out about truck sales. Websites such as CarsDirect, Trucks A Grand, etc. list trucks across different categories and price range. eBay auctions are another way of finding the best truck sales.
- Classifieds– Both online and offline classifieds are a great way to find out about truck sales in the locality. The Craigslist has one of the highest numbers of classified ads. Dealers, as well as private sellers across various locations, post ads about truck sales on Craigslist. AutoTrader.com is another web-based classified portal that can give updates about the latest truck sales available.
- Local newspapers– Local dealerships of new as well as used trucks and private sellers place ads in the local newspapers for trucks they want to sell. The classified ad section of the local newspapers can also be a good source to find out about the latest truck sales.
Which are some of the best pickup trucks available for sale in 2018?
- 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE– Suitable for both, daily commute and heavy-duty work, the GMC Sierra 1500 SLE has a 4.3L engine and 285 hp. It comes with a standard six-speed automatic transmission and driveline traction control.
- 2017 Dodge RAM 1500 SLT– This truck has a powerful engine of 3.6L V6 that gives 305 hp. This truck has sporty and athletic exteriors and an eight-speed transmission. Additional features include overhead airbags, electronic stability, and airbag occupancy sensor.
- 2018 Tacoma by Toyota– Perfect for city roads and highways, this truck has a 3.6L V6 engine with 278 hp. The truck has a six-speed automatic transmission. The 2018 Tacoma by Toyota has some of the best safety features that include a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection and lane departure alert. This pick-up truck by Toyota offers six different models to choose from.
What factors should be considered while buying a truck from a truck sale?
- Passenger capacity versus cargo space– Standard trucks are two-seaters with enough cargo space. Trucks with more cab space are also available. While buying a truck, it is necessary to consider whether more cargo or more passengers have to be transported.
- Power and size of the engine– If you are buying a truck for daily commuting or for transporting small payloads, a 4-cylinder engine will be enough. It is also financially viable to buy a less-powerful truck for regular use. However, if transporting something bigger like a boat, a truck with a V6 or V8 engine would be suitable. Bigger the payload to be transported by the truck, more powerful should be the engine.
- Type of transmission– The type of transmission to be opted for depends on the traffic condition of the area where the truck will be mostly used. In areas that see a lot of traffic, an automatic transmission will be more comfortable to drive. A manual transmission will be more suitable when a lot of shifting gears is not required while driving the truck.
- Type of drivetrain– The type of drivetrain of a truck depends on the weather of the place where the truck will be used and the driving habits of the driver. A two-wheel drive is best suited for everyday commuting in areas that do not have much snow or rain. However, if the truck will be often taken on off-road trips, especially, in snowy and rainy areas, a 4×4 will work the best.
Tags: truck sale