There is no doubt that hardwood floors make your house look earthy and timeless, but you must follow some easy steps to ensure that they do not lose their luster and they continue to look new as ever. Wood floor cleaning is not as difficult as it is made up to be. With so many brands selling different types of cleaning products to clean wood floors, it is natural to feel overwhelmed and find it difficult to choose one. Here are 4 things that you need to know before you shop for products to clean wood floors.
Why is it important to know the finish of the wooden floor?
• What many people don’t know is that it is the finish of the wooden floor that determines how you must maintain and clean the wooden floor and not the floor itself. Hence, it becomes imperative that you are aware of the finish of your floor.
• Most of the wooden floors are surface sealed these days, which makes them water and stain resistant. So, all you need is a mop to clean these wood floors.
• If your wooden floor happens to be oil treated, then you must protect these floors with liquid or paste wax.
• For floors that are unfinished, it is important that you take extra care of them as excess moisture or frequent spills will ruin the wooden floor.
Which are some of the best hardwood floor cleaning products that you can buy in 2018?
Before you buy any cleaner for cleaning wood floors, just make sure that you read the ingredients written at the back. Buy a product that is environment-friendly and one that won’t have a negative effect on your pet or kid’s health. Here are some of the best hardwood cleaner that you can invest in 2018.
• Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner Sprayer: This product has a Greenguard Gold certificate, which means that it is safe to use to clean wooden floors in houses where there are kids and pets. It is a water-based cleaner that you need to spray on the dirty surface and simply mop the floor.
• Bruce Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner Refill: If you are looking for a hardwood cleaner that does not leave a residue behind and one that you won’t require to rinse after mopping, then you must consider buying the Bruce Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner Refill. Just remember that you cannot use this product on waxed finish floors.
What to keep in mind while mopping wooden floors?
Yes, you will be surprised to know that there is a correct way of mopping the wooden floors, in a way that they shine and look new. Below are some tips to remember when cleaning wooden floors.
• When you dip the mop in whichever cleaning solution that you use, just make sure that you wring the mop completely so that the mop is dry and there is no excess of water.
• After that, make sure that you mop in the direction of the wood grain as this is the best way to remove the dirt that is stuck in between the cracks of the wooden floor.
• Always use a cleaning solution as it will help in cleaning the wooden floor effectively.
• Lastly, make sure that you choose the mop wisely, as a good mop will make the whole task of mopping much easier and efficient.
What should you never do while cleaning wooden floors?
• To start with, you should never use too much of water while cleaning wooden floors, especially if you have unfinished hardwood floors because the wood soaks in the water and it leads to early decay of the floor.
• The best thing to do is to consider dry mopping the floors for regular maintenance.
• Choosing the right tool to clean the wooden floor is another important thing to keep in mind. Don’t use a hard broom that you would use to clean your garage floors as they are not designed for hardwood floors and they might damage the finish of the floor.
• Stem cleaning is another thing that you should never try on hardwood floors as they give out an excess of heat and water, which is not good for the hardwood floors.
You can transform your dull hardwood floors to shining floors by simply using fine-quality, chemical-free cleaning products, and the correct cleaning tool.
Tags: clean wood floors, cleaning wood floors, hardwood floor cleaning, wood floor cleaning products