A lot of individuals inching close to retirement are considering active adult communities for spending the rest of their golden years. Such spaces can be ideal for seniors who wish to downsize and relax without worrying much about daily chores. Active adult communities come with various amenities such as housekeeping, outdoor maintenance, fitness centers, clubhouses, community centers, libraries, and open spaces. These real estate properties are targeted only towards seniors, which means that the residents get to socialize with people of their age. Moreover, since most of the neighborhood occupants will be above 55, they enjoy a can quieter atmosphere. While choosing an active adult community, ensure it offers relevant amenities and is in a close proximity with your family, hospitals, and other important commercial spaces.
Read om to know about the best active adult communities.
Which are the best active adult communities in the country?
For the year 2018, here are some popular options for active adult communities.
- Brunswick Forest – Leland, North Carolina
- Holiday City at Berkeley — Toms River, New Jersey
- Sun City Texas – Georgetown, Texas
- On Top of the World – Ocala, Florida
- Four Seasons – Beaumont, California
- Helms Port – Wilmington North Carolina
- Gettysvue Golf and Country Club – Knoxville, Tennessee
- River Dunes – Oriental, North Carolina
- The Coves Mountain River Club – Lenoir North Carolina
Which are the top active adult communities for singles?
The following are some of the best active adult communities for singles. Apart from providing amazing services, these active adult communities also have various clubs that encourage socializing among seniors.
- Heritage Todd Creek – Thornton, Colorado
- Whittingham – Monroe Township, New Jersey
- Hill Country Retreat – San Antonio, Texas
- Saddlebrooke – Tucson, Arizona
- Sun City Huntley by Del Webb – Huntley, Illinois
- Carillon Lakes – Crest Hill, Illinois
- Valencia Lakes – Boynton Beach, Florida
Which are the best active adult communities in the East Coast?
Currently, these are some of the popular active adult communities in the East Coast.
- St. James Plantation – Southport, North Carolina
- Colonial Heritage – Williamsburg, Virginia
- Greenbriar Oceanaire – Waretown, New Jersey
- Sun City Hilton Head – Bluffton, South Carolina
- Valencia Reserve – Boynton Beach, Florida
- Valencia Falls – Delray Beach, Florida
- Hilton Head Lakes – Hardeeville, South Carolina
Which are the best active adult communities in the West Coast?
At the moment, these are some top active adult communities in the West Coast.
- Rossmoor – Walnut Creek, California
- Trilogy at Redmond Ridge – Redmond, Washington
- The Falls at Eagle Crest – Redmond, Oregon
- Heritage Palms – Indio, California
- Jubilee at Hawks Prairie – Lacey, Washington
- Ocean Hills Country Club – Oceanside, California
- Charbonneau Country Club – Wilsonville, Oregon
How much does an active adult community cost?
The cost of an active adult community depends on various factors, which include the following.
- Type and size of the home
- Services provided
- Other infrastructural provisions, such as community halls, restaurants, entertainment centers or rooms for visiting families
Therefore, the cost will entirely vary based on your personal preferences and the facility you pick. Usually, a small apartment in an active living community can cost around $300,000. Similarly, rent for a place in an active adult community may be $3,500 onwards. Before you purchase or rent a place, contemplate the long-term financial consequences. For example, if you have a tight monthly budget or aren’t sure about settling, then renting would make more sense. You can manage costs for the accommodation in an active adult community with the help of your pensions, savings, and investments such as IRAs.
Which are the most expensive states for active adult communities?
Presently, the following states mentioned are the most expensive states for active adult communities. Majorly because these states have limited senior housing facilities as compared to other states.
- New Hampshire
- New York
- Rhode Island
- North Dakota
Which are the most affordable states for active adult communities?
The availability of multiple facilities and an overall lower cost of living makes these states the most affordable option for seniors looking for active adult communities.
- South Carolina