Buying designer leather bags is easy, but the real art is maintaining them and making sure that they stay the same for a long time. Many of us wrap our designer leather handbags in plastic bags and stuff it in our overflowing closet. However, that is not the right way to store a bag that you probably shelled out a significant chunk of your savings on. So, what can you do to make sure that your designer leather handbags look the same every time you remove them out and decide to carry with you?
This article will guide you on how you can take proper care of your leather handbags.
What are some tips to remember while storing your leather handbags?
- Always make sure that you are hoarding your bags in a closet, away from direct sunlight. This is because if a leather bag is exposed to the sun for a long time, then it might damage the leather and the color of the bag might fade.
- While storing the bags, avoid storing them in plastic bags as they trap moisture. Instead, use the dust bags which come along the designer leather handbags.
- Another hack to use is to keep your bag in an upright position and stuff it with scarves and clothes to make sure that the shape of the bag remains the same.
- Also, cross the handles and keep them away from the bag, as if they remain in the same position for a long time, they might make an imprint or wear the leather.
What to keep in mind while cleaning your leather handbags?
- It goes without saying that you need to protect your bag from day one. Every two or three months, take your bag leather handbag out of the wardrobe and wipe it gently with a protection cream. If you don’t have a protection cream, you can just wet a cloth and quickly wipe your bag.
- Never use home remedies like vinegar, lime or products like wet wipes to clean your leather handbags, as they will ruin the bag.
- The best way to deal with a stain is to seek professional help from boutique assistants.
What is conditioning of leather bags?
- Over the period, leather dries out, and this might cause wrinkles on your leather handbags. To prevent this, you should regularly condition them and give them the much-needed moisture.
- Every month, you must condition your leather handbags with natural oils, which you can buy after asking the boutique assistants. Wipe this oil on your bag and clean it dry after 10 minutes.
- By conditioning your bags, you are making sure that your bags don’t lose the shine that they had when you first bought them.
How to tackle a stubborn stain on your designer leather handbags?
- As much as you can help, try not staining your leather handbags. You can do this by making sure of small things like not touching your bag when you have freshly applied hand cream or oil, as there stain the bag.
- In case you did manage to get grease stains on your bag, don’t use water to clean it. It would just make it worse. The best thing to do is take a soft cloth and gently wipe the grease off.
- Thought it might create a hole in your wallet, invest in an excellent professional leather cleaning agent to remove stains from your bags.
- Note that it is best that you seek professional help for cleansing a stubborn mark, rather than trying to remove it by yourself and in the process ruining your bag.
Designer leather handbags are undoubtedly a real investment, so it goes without saying that you want it to last forever and make sure that they are value for your money. To ensure this, it is essential that you take their protection seriously and keep them in the best condition.