Importance of oil change in vehicle maintenance
“The cars we drive say a lot about us.” – Alexandra Paul
Vehicle maintenance forms an integral part of owning an automobile. When you can spend on accessories and upgrades, it is only logical that the requisite amount should be spent on regular vehicle maintenance purposes. Basic maintenance mainly includes checking the engine, car transmission, brakes and also regular oil change. Oil is the component which lubricates the engine and gear assembly thus ensuring a smooth ride. Car trouble is the first sign that maintenance is in order which is why a visit to the auto garage is necessary. Maintenance tasks can be pricey in some garages and for particular makes and models of automobiles. However, the use of coupons like free brake check, oil change coupon, free wheel balancing, and alignment among others can be applied to cut down on the expenses.
Read on to know why changing oil periodically is important.
Which are the visible signs that an oil change is in order?
- Oil color is the first visible indicator when the honey brown dense liquid turns into a dark black color and has a murky texture.
- Listen to your engine, if you think it is running louder than usual, an oil change is in order.
- Since the lubricant has changed viscosity and density, the engine and gear components are not lubricated which increases its running noise.
- Normally it is advised to maintain a schedule to keep track of when was the last time you changed oil and most importantly when will your new oil change coupon expire.
- Even oil changes can be done for free or at a knock off price with the use of popular oil change coupons which can be availed online.
- If you can’t remember the last oil change date, get it done and stick to a new schedule to save money and additional expenses that might be incurred if the engine ceases to function.
Why is it necessary to change oil periodically?
- Engines are made up of many different moving parts which are interconnected. These parts together provide the much-needed power through the drivetrain thus propelling the vehicle.
- For these parts to function smoothly, a lot of lubrication is required which is why an oil change is essential.
- Moving engine parts also tend to heat up due to the friction and rapid repetitive motion. Oil helps cool these components so that the engine doesn’t overheat.
- Oil change coupons are available, which with a free oil change, will also ensure the best lubricants and coolants are used.
- Oil not only lubricates and cools the engine components but also ensures that over time, the dirt and impurities that accumulate within the moving parts do not corrode and cause expensive damage to the engine block.
- A well-lubricated engine also ensures you get better mileage per gallon, since less resistance in the moving components will mean less power and traction force required to propel the vehicle.
- Oil change coupon is a great incentive to ensure periodical changes which will also save you a few bucks on gas mileage.
- Periodical oil change will increase the life of the engine which in turn is great for the automobile itself.
From where can you find oil change coupons?
- Popular online automotive and also coupon websites like Groupon, Jiffy Lube, Quaker State, and Pennzoil will feature oil change coupons like free change on conventional or synthetic oil, knock-off discount price for a conventional or synthetic oil change.
- You can also avail package coupon deals which include engine and general vehicle maintenance including a free oil change.
Which are the popular oil brands?
- Royal Purple
- Peak Performance
- Quaker State
- Shell Rotella
- Mobile Super