On her daughter’s most important day, i.e., her wedding day, every mother wishes to look the best. However, shopping for the right dress for the mother of the bride is no cakewalk at all, especially when you have tons of to-dos on that wedding checklist. But the good news is that today several clothing brands exclusively cater to only the bride’s mother. With plenty of options of options available, shopping for dresses for the mother of the bride has now become easier than before.
If your daughter’s wedding date is nearing, then forget the frumpy or matronly looks and gear up for some stylish options. However, before you go shopping, here is some crucial advice that can help while shopping for mother of the bride dresses.
What points should you keeping in mind before selecting the right mother of the bride dress?
- Talk to your daughter – Your daughter’s opinion can be of great help. She can assist you in selecting a color that would compliment her bridal attire or the bridesmaids’ dresses. Apart from that, she will know your taste better than anyone else, so she would be able to make a reliable pick.
- Start your shopping early – Begin your shopping spree four to six months before the wedding date. This will give you ample of time to peruse through stores and allow you to make the necessary alterations in your dress.
- Keep the wedding theme in mind – The theme of the wedding is a prominent part of the buying process. For instance, if your daughter is having a countryside wedding then an over-the-top glamorous look might not work. Additionally, if you are overlooking the wedding arrangements, you might need something that not only looks great but also helps you move around the place. Moreover, if you are hosting your daughter’s wedding in a hotel, a chic look could do wonders.
- Synchronize your dress with the mother of the groom – Synchronizing the wedding look with the mother of the groom can be a very good idea. You can go shopping with her to gain a sense of her style preferences. If you both are comfortable with the offered choices, you can manage and pick the final colors and designs.
Which colors are in trend for the mother of the bride dresses?
Picking the right outfit color for the daughter’s wedding is one of the most common concerns a mother might face during the wedding preparations. Before you finalize any shades, here are some of the factors you should keep in mind.
- Theme of the wedding
- The colors which look best on you
- The bridal dress color and design your daughter will be wearing
- Color of the bridesmaids’ dresses
After concluding the factors mentioned above, you can shortlist the best colors option for yourself. If you still seem to be confused about what shades to pick, here are some of the trendiest colors for mother of the bride dresses that you can consider.
- Royal Blue
Which are the top selling labels for mother of the bride dresses?
- Jasmine Bridal
- Cameron Blake
- Ivonne D
- Nieman Marcus
- Rina di Montella
- Vera Wang
- Mon Cheri
Which brands offer affordable mother of the bride dresses?
- Alex Evenings
- Eliza J
- Adrianna Papell
- Maggy London
Where can I buy mother of the bride dresses?
Mother of the bride dresses are available both online and in stores. Although, if you are planning to purchase a dress online, ensure that it is a trusted brand. Nevertheless, it would be great if you buy it in a store to understand the feel and the look of the dress. You can find numerous brands who have great online as well as offline presence.